Newly admitted students of the Akenten Appiah-Menkah University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development, Tanoso Kumasi, who were successful in their residential application have begun reporting on campus ahead of the start of academic activities. Registration for the fresh students have been ongoing at the New Library Ground floor, New Auditorium and also at the Autonomy Hall. There are have been long queues at the various residential facilities as students, who have arrived from various parts of the country are eager to complete their registration. Some of the students who spoke to Mynd News are full of expectations as they start another journey of academic excellence.
“I am happy to have gained admission to this University. It is a dream come true for me. I am hoping that the lecturers will be patient with us and that everything will go on smoothly,” one of the students said.
University authorities have appointed Wednesday 13th to Monday 18th as scheduled dates for an orientation Programme. In the breakdown, Wednesday 13th January 2021 for Fresh Undergraduate Regular Students happens at the Fore Court of the Old Auditorium, program commences at 9AM. Fresh Undergraduate Evening & weekend Students would have theirs on Friday 15th January 2021, the venue is at the New Auditorium with time for the program being set at 4:00pm. The Last group of students are the Fresh Postgraduate Students (MBA, MPhil, MSc, PhD) who have theirs on Monday 18th, January 2021 4:00pm also at the New Auditorium.
The orientation is organized to equip all fresh students with the knowledge and information needed to help them get on well with academic and social life on campus. The orientation program shall look on:
- Welcome to the Academic Community of the University
- Your responsibility as a Junior Member in the University
- Services available at the University
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning Models and
- Getting to know the University Library System.
- This Section dwells on the students activities and happening with more information on Financial Aid/Loan to Students, Office of Dean of Students and Student Governance and Social Life