Webometrics Ranking of World Universities has released the July 2020 edition of its annual rankings of tertiary institutions in Ghana. This year, 69 institutions were featured in the ranking. Indicators for the ranking are presence (public knowledge shared), visibility (web contents impact), transparency or openness (top cited researchers) and excellence or scholar (top cited papers).
In this edition of the rankings, the University of Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, University of Cape Coast, and University for Development Studies maintained their respective places in the top four. University of Education, Winneba, also maintained their position as the fifth best university in Ghana. Privately-owned Regent University College of Science and Technology climbed up to the seventh position, overtaking Ashesi University.
According to Webometrics, below are the top 10 tertiary institutions in the country and their rankings in Africa;
- University of Ghana (15)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (24)
- University of Cape Coast (61)
- University for Development Studies (105)
- University of Education Winneba (159)
- University of Mines & Technology Tarkwa (219)
- Regent University College of Science & Technology (231)
- Ashesi University (254)
- Ghana Telecom University College (279)
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (300)