Admission of Direct and Post-Diploma Applicants into Undergraduate and
Graduate Programmes – 2020/2021 Academic Year
Applications are invited from qualified applicants for admission into the underlisted programmes at the Akenten Appiah-Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AAMUSTED), formerly UEW Kumasi and Mampong Campuses. The programmes are:
- A. Arabic Education
- A. English Education
- A. French Education
- A. French with English Education
- A. Economics with Social Studies Education
- A. Social Studies with Economics Education
- B. A. Secretarial Education
- Ed Early Grade Education
- Sc. Catering and Hospitality Education
- Sc. Accounting Education
- Sc. Management Education
- Sc. Fashion Design and Textiles Education
- Sc. Mathematics Education
- Sc. Wood Technology Education
- Sc. Automotive Engineering Technology Education
- Sc. Mechanical Engineering Technology Education
- Sc. Information Technology Education
- Sc. Construction Technology Education
- Sc. Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology Education
- Sc. Marketing
- B. A. Management
- Sc. Banking and Finance
- Sc. Business Information Systems
- B. A. Executive Office Administration
- Sc. Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Sc. Information Technology Education
B.Sc. Marketing and Entrepreneurship
B.B.A. Human Resource Management
ASANTE MAMPONG CAMPUS
- Sc. Integrated Science Education
- Sc. Biological Sciences Education
- Sc. Chemistry Education
- Sc. Environmental Health and Sanitation Education
B.Sc. Agricultural Science Education
B.Ed. Natural Resource Management
B.Sc. Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship with Education
B.Ed Early Grade Education
B.Ed Upper Primary Education
B.Ed Junior High Education
B.Sc. Public Health Education
Even though the names of the erstwhile Colleges of UEW at Kumasi and Asante Mampong have changed to AAMUSTED, the academic programmes of the former Colleges have not changed.
MINIMUM UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS
These requirements are to be met in addition to the other programme specific requirements.
- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Senior High School (SHS) Certificate Holders.
- WASSCE certificate holders must have at least, six (6) credit passes (A1-C6) including three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, as well as three (3) relevant elective subjects with a total aggregate of 36 or better.
- SSSCE certificate holders must possess six (6) credit passes or better (A-D) in three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, as well as three (3) relevant elective subjects with a total aggregate of 36 or better.
- School Certificate/GCE Holders must have Five (5) credits at GCE “O” Level, including English Language and Mathematics as well as two (2) “A” Level passes other than General Paper in relevant subjects. They must also satisfy Special Programme requirement(s) for programme(s) chosen.
One of the following qualifications: Automotive Technology; Motor Vehicle Technician III (MVT III), Mechanical Technology; Mechanical Engineering Technician III (MET III), Construction Technology; Construction Technician Certificate III and Electricals/Electronics Technology; Electrical Technician Engineering.
POST-DIPLOMA APPLICANTS (Diploma Holders)
They must possess a Higher National Diploma or its equivalence in a relevant field of study from a recognized institution.
(Successful Post-Diploma applicants may be placed at Level 200 or 300 of the four-year degree programme depending on their academic qualifications)
- GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
MBA Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
M.Sc. Information Technology
HOW TO APPLY
- Obtain an Application Voucher from the following places:
- GCB Bank
- The Cash Office (AAMUSTED, Kumasi and Asante Mampong Campuses)
- Visit the University website at aamusted.edu.gh and select Apply Online >>>. Log in with your Voucher Serial Number and PIN. Complete the application and submit it online.
Cost of Online Application Forms
Direct applicants – GH¢200.00
Post-Diploma applicants – GH¢200.00
Graduate applicants – GH¢250
International applicants – $100.00
Certificates and results other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities and Polytechnics in Ghana and institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board should be cleared with the National Accreditation Board and the evaluation reports submitted to the appropriate Admissions Office of the University.
For inquiries, please call:
- Kumasi: 0322497892 / 0506476208 / 0506476245 / 0322497893
- Asante Mampong: 0501613082 / 0506476198
Closing Date for Submission of Applications is: January 08, 2021