Premier League results: Chelsea beat Manchester City, Tottenham hit THREE late on at Swansea while Liverpool concede late equaliser

Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City

Chelsea edged closer to their fifth Premier League title when they beat Manchester City 2-1 at Stamford Bridge

Antonio Conte’s side remain seven points clear at the top of the table with eight games left to play and they look certain for the crown.

Goalkeeping errors contributed to the opening goals as Hazard shot through Willy Caballero and Thibaut Courtois gifted City an equaliser, scored by Sergio Aguero.

Hazard saw a penalty saved by Caballero, but tucked in the follow up to give Chelsea a 2-1 half-time lead which they would not relinquish.

City poured forwards time and again in the second half and John Stones missed a vital chance from three yards in stoppage time.

Swansea City 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur

Three late goals helped Tottenham to keep their title hopes alive as they beat strugglers Swansea 3-1 at the Liberty Stadium.

The day had began badly for Tottenham with their captain Hugh Lloris taken unwell at the team hotel after lunch, and former Swansea number one Michel Vorm had to take over.

The hosts led from Spurs old boy Wayne Routledge’s 11th-minute goal through to the 88th minute as it looked like Mauricio Pochettino’s men would slip 10 points behind leaders Chelsea.

But Dele Alli equalised with his 15th league goal of the season before Son Heung-min and Christian Eriksen struck in added time to complete a remarkable 3-1 victory – their fifth successive league win.

This could prove a costly defeat for Swansea who now drop into the relegation zone with seven games left to play.

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham

Arsenal returned to winning ways as they defeated struggling West Ham 3-0 at the Emirates.

It keeps Arsene Wenger’s side’s top four hopes alive as they move up to fifth, while Slaven Bilic’s side have lost their last five and are seven matches without a win.

Both sides went into this London derby in dire form but it was the Gunners who addressed that and ultimately ran out comfortable victors, marking their first league win since February 11.

After a dull first half, Mesut Ozil marked his 150th Arsenal appearance with a tame opening goal before laying on the second for Theo Walcott. Olivier Giroud came off the bench to score the goal of the night, shaping the ball wonderfully into the far corner.

Liverpool 2-2 Bournemouth

Josh King’s 88th-minute strike rescued Bournemouth a 2-2 draw at Liverpool.

Jurgen Klopp’s side were without Sadio Mane – who has been ruled out for the rest of the season – and Jordan Henderson and they missed the chance to strengthen their grip on third place.

Goals from Philippe Coutinho, equalling Juninho’s tally of 29 to become the joint top-scoring Brazilian in the Premier League, and Divock Origi appeared to have put the hosts on course to open up a six-point gap on fourth-placed Manchester City.

However, Josh King struck in the 87th minute, to follow Benik Afobe’s early opener, as Bournemouth earned a point.

Hull City 4-2 Middlesbrough

Hull City’s Premier League survival hopes were dealt a huge boost as they beat strugglers Middlesbrough 4-2 at the KCOM.

The victory moves them out of the bottom three with seven games of the season remaining, meanwhile Steve Agnew’s Boro are seven points adrift of safety.

Alvaro Negredo opened the scoring for the visitors inside five minutes, finishing brilliantly across goal from an acute angle after an uncharacteristically quick Boro attack.

Loanee Lazar Markovic – a reported £16m target for West Ham – drew the Tigers level nine minutes later before they added two more through Oumar Niasse and Abel Hernandez.

Marten de Roon pulled one back for the visitors in stoppage time before the break, before Hull restored their two-goal advantage with a superbly-taken header by defender Harry Maguire.

Southampton 3-1 Crystal Palace

Maya Yoshida and James Ward-Prowse scored late goals to give Southampton a 3-1 victory at home to Crystal Palace.

The three points ends a two-match winless run for Claude Puel’s Saints, while it ends Sam Allardyce’s side’s four-match winning run.

Christian Benteke continued his good form, following up Saturday’s strike in the win over Chelsea with the opener at St Mary’s, tapping home Andros Townsend’s square ball.

Ward-Prowse was the provider as Nathan Redmond finished past Wayne Hennessey before half-time.

As the match looked to be heading for a draw, Japanese international Yoshida tapped home at the far post on 84 minutes before Ward-Prowse took his goal well inside the box just a minute later to seal the three points.

Spread the love